A day in a United World School

Friday 7 September 2012

Episode I - The Flights

Song of the day: Slow Cheetah - Red Hot Chili Peppers (Stadium Arcadium)


No special remarks, flying is as tiring as always, in spite of the excitement to reach my destination. I am writing this on an AirAsia plane from Kuala Lumpur to Tawau - previously I've flown with Iberia (Sevilla - Madrid) and Qatar Airways (Madrid - Doha - Kuala Lumpur). Quite a nice service on all of them, but I still have the impression that FlyEmirates was better than QAir. Maybe it's just because of the mood in which I'm traveling, who knows. 

I saw this beautiful girl in Madrid, remarkable for her tanned skin but hair of the color of wheat, and sky blue eyes. As the young man I am I started to wonder about how nice it'd be to just have some fun flirting with her, but I couldn't really bother. So, later on in Doha, I was trying to figure out which damned gate I was supposed to go to, concerned because I was in a hurry. It turns out that she was coming in the same flight, so at the gate she asked me if I knew anything about it. Apparently there were two different flights assigned to that gate, plus the time of the flight was different from the one on our boarding passes. Anyways, it was the right gate, and we had started a conversation, so why not keep it going.

To all my fellow 9gaggers out there, the following made me feel like the Socially Awkward Penguin. We were just chatting, I was asking about her and why'd she be going to Kuala Lumpur, when she tells me she's going to visit her boyfriend. I realized the best strategy then was to keep the flirty tone of my conversation just to not make it even more obvious. Yes, once again, I was flirting with a blondie with a boyfriend. 

Anyways, she gave me some nice company for the waiting times at the airports, although her conversation was not the most intellectual, nor engaging. But I would have felt the void of human interaction otherwise. 

At KL we parted, each looking for our most beloved possession: her boyfriend, and my guitar. 

So I'm in KLIA (Kuala Lumpur International Airport), but my next flight departs in 6 hours from LCCT (Low Cost Company Terminal), so I decided to stay for a while and find a power outlet to use the amazing WiFi available. Thanks to Taha for keeping me awake with a conversation with significance. 

After watching a couple episodes of Friends I took the bus to LCCT, and now we're back on the plane, for which I had to pay extra 75 ringgit. Damned weight limitations. 

I can't see anything through the windows, but I'd say we're at some point above Western Borneo. I guess. I can't stop thinking about the Sun and the Sea and the Coral that's awaiting me. 

That's all for now. As I get the hang of writing I'll try to make it all more interesting, and better structured, this blog entry is rather messy. But I don't know how many hours I've slept in the past how many days, and I haven't done my English homework lately. 

Au revoir, mes amis!

No comments:

Post a Comment