A day in a United World School

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Episode VII - The Padawan becomes a Master

Song of the day: Tangled Up In You - Staind (Illusion of Progress)


Internet. What a great invention. If only it would work a little bit better in this forsaken town. It's frustrating to an extreme to try to keep a normal conversation through Skype chat, or check Facebook, having to wait minutes for any change to appear on your screen. I venture it took me some five straight minutes to get into Blogger and start typing this in. 

Apart from this excruciating delay in my daily Interwebz surfing, it's been a nice, though tiring, day. This here youth ye all can see, he's got some responsibility on his shoulders on this very day. As I commented yesterday, a bunch of people have just arrived. They've swarmed us, overrun us. So us, the Resistance, had to use every card in our deck. And so, I was destined to guide a patrol of no less than four people through the depths of our seas, spotting for the invader forces.

Well, it was not exactly that epic, but still flippin' awesome. I got my first Divemaster experience today, because we hadn't enough instructors for all the people that came, and so I was assigned a role as pack leader. Not that we really use such expression, but I like it.

Fuck you too, internet. I'm trying to find a cool image to amenize this post, and this is how I'm rewarded for my good intentions, it takes damned ages. This is it. Goodbye, open air lounge. I'm going downstairs.

It's not any better here. At least the aircon chills my boiling blood down a little.



Finally, the picture. I'm the dun one,
making sure my lands are safe for my pack.
Sorry about that. So where was I? Oh yes, I guided four people through the dive sites around Mataking island. That calls for another image.

What's this place? Where do I go? North-West? Mmmkay.

But it all worked fine. Despite the currents, we managed to successfully see four green turtles, a lobster, a couple sea slugs, a strange shrimp thingy (I still need to figure out its name) and a Garden of Eden made of coral. I need to get an underwater camera, seriously.

Yes, that thing is an animal!

I was invited to a night dive with the instructors as well, but I was just too tired to join them. Next time, perhaps, but for now I'd rather not stretch myself too much. 

Amados hispanohablantes, recomiendo fervientemente la lectura de la saga Aventuras del Capitán Alatriste. Muy ameno, pero invadido de poesía y lírica con un lenguaje adecuado para la España Imperial, muy bien escrito en todos los sentidos. Se acaba cada volumen con una sensación de quiero más, y alimenta la imaginación de manera muy agradable.

That was a book recommendation. It's kind of exclusive, sorry 'bout that. (I don't think the book's translated into English). That book has fueled my imagination once again.

Goodnight, dear family.

A white rose, bathed in moonlight.




2 comments:

  1. You shouldn't make it that exclusive. Pérez Reverte's books are good enough to be translated, to several languages:
    http://www.perezreverte.com/bibliografia/ediciones-extranjeras/

    By the way, nice blog ;)

    ReplyDelete